WASP – Working Art Space and Production continues the series of actions which has as a purpose the professional development of those active in the field of performing arts. Starting from this year, the Professional Training Program initiated by WASP in 2013 becomes GROWASP – Ground for Research and Orientation.
The program includes workshops, special guests, public presentations, feedback sessions, opportunities for abroad training, artistic residencies and access to national and international productions, in a special layout designed with the purpose of developing new perspectives for young artists with or without specialized studies, in the desire to integrate them in the international context of contemporary art, offering training sessions in fields which are not available in the institutionalized educational system.
GROWASP 2015 includes dance film laboratories, real time composition, interdisciplinary classes, experimental music composition, contemporary dance classes with jazz and hip-hop influences, movement classes which put the focus on organic learning – Feldenkrais, Klein Technique, Contact Improvisation and Ashtanga Yoga.
- Dance Film | Simona Deaconescu – the first workshop from a series on interdisciplinary workshops called I.D.M.P.A (Innovative Directions in Multimedia and Performing Arts) | March 4 – April 9
- Ashtanga Yoga for Art Practitioners| Irene Zaarour | March 13 – April 9
- Contemporary | Gigi Căciuleanu
- Klein Technique | Hanna Hegenscheidt (Germany) – September & November
- Contact Improvisation | Joerg Hassmann (Germany)
- Real Time Composition | Joao Fiadeiro (Portugal) – Octoberr
- Experimental Sound | Eduard Gabia – May/June
Those participating in GROWASP will benefit, during the period of the workshops they register for, from a WASPer PASS, which includes:
- access to the shows presented at WASP, based on reservations and in the limit of the available seats
- free access to the WASP media library (video archive, publications, dance & contemporary art books and magazines)
- access to Media Lab, which has video and audio recording systems, computer and soft for editing video material (for I.D.M.P.A participants).