4Culture Association and WASP Studios are launching a new residency Life Long Burning program which supports the production and presentation of new multidisciplinary projects for Romanian artists.
Applications Deadline: August 15, 2019
Location: WASP Working Art Space Production
Residence period: 19.08 – 01.09.2019
• The application will contain:
• CV (in Romanian) and artistic portfolio (if any)
• a short biography and description of the project – maximum 2 pages (both in Romanian and English)
• other relevant attachments for the application – maximum 5 pages pdf (detailed description of the project, photos, documentation, sketches etc.)
All documents must be sent until August 15, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the mention Life Long Burning 2019 Residences Application.
* Video and sound materials can also be sent in video, mp3 or mp4 format. The materials will be sent exclusively via: wetransfer, myairbridge or dropbox.
Requirements and recommendations:
• the call is addressed to artists interested in developing multidisciplinary projects in the field of contemporary arts: contemporary dance, performance, sound art, video art, multumedia installation.
• The residence will include a public presentation in September – October 2019 at WASP – Working Art Space and Production.
• We are interested in artistic projects that put into discussion current issues of the contemporary society, which activate new territories of artistic experiment and bring new multidisciplinary formats and approaches to public attention.
• The organizers reserve their right to change the period of residence, depending on the space and selected artists’ availability.
• The call is addressed to projects which are in an advanced stage of concept development, with clear proposals of materialization in the WASP space.
• The 4Culture Association will provide workspace – 4-6 hours/day, depending on the project, the space for public presentation, the projects’ promotion, technical equipment – within the limit of availability, as well as the payment of the selected artists.
Producers: WASP Studios and 4Culture Association
Life Long Burning – Towards A Sustainable Eco-System for Contemporary Dance sustains the contemporary dance and performance scene in Europe.
The multiannual programme is coordinated and implemented by a network of 11 European organizations, associations, companies and production houses: 4Culture (RO), danceWEB (AT), ICI-Center Chorégraphique National De Montpellier (FR), Brain Store Project (BG), NDA Slovenia (SI), Stuk (BE), Tala Dance Center (HR), Uferstudios (DE), Veem House for Performance (NL), Workshop Foundation (HU) and MDT Stockholm (SE).
4Culture’s activies in Life Long Burning Project in 2019 are co-funded by The Administration of The National Cultural Fund – AFCN.
Life Long Burning – Towards A Sustainable Eco-System for Contemporary Dance is a multi-annual project co-financed by The European Union – Creative Europe Programme.
The project does not necessarily represent the position of the National Cultural Fund Administration. AFCN is not responsible for the content of the project or the way the project results can be used. This is entirely the responsibility of the beneficiary of the funding.